Guajiru is a beautiful beach in Ceará, 133 km away from Fortaleza and 18 km from Feelings. White sand beach, fishing corrals and fishing village located in the municipality of Trairi. With approximately 6 km of beaches, it is located on the west coast of the coast of Ceará and is one of the main beaches in that municipality.
The Beach in Guajiru it started to be populated in the 19th century, when several families, between 1870 and 1913, moved to the place, attracted by the fertile land and the abundance of fish. Its Residents' Association appears in 1988, in response to the growth and urbanization of the locality.
Approximately in the year 1872, a Portuguese ship appeared on the coast, between Mundaú and Paracuru, aboard the ship was the Portuguese princess Maria Furtado de Mendonça who carried with her a golden image of Nossa Senhora do Livramento. Segundo conta-se, era um navio frágil e esse motivo contribuiu para que ocorresse um acidente com a embarcação. Mediante o pavor de não sobreviver, a princesa fez uma promessa à santa: se chegasse a algum local seco e salvos (tripulantes e família), ela compraria uma légua de terra e construiria uma capela para a imagem da santa. Ao ancorar na praia de Guajiru, não encontraram pessoas a quem se dirigir, então caminharam em direção a Trairi, onde encontraram três casas pequenas. Foi então nesse lugar que ela fez o que havia prometido, mandou construir a capela e doou a imagem de ouro. Dentre as pessoas que trabalharam na construção destacam-se Raimunda Jarda, do povoado de Lagoa de Dentro e João Verônica.
At the same time, Indians who lived in the lands of Trairi, passed by Guajiru beach and settled in the place, formerly called Flecheirinha. And it came to be called Guajiru due to a common fruit in the region. Over time, people have settled in this village. The first residents of Guajiru were Manoel Grande and Doca Magalhães.
Today Guajiru has a day care center, a school group and an association that has more than 400 members. It is through this association that the community has achieved most of these benefits. The Chapel of Nossa Senhora dos Navegantes is located at Praça Pedro Neco. On August 15th, the day of the patron saint of the district of Guajiru, Nossa Senhora dos Navegantes, is celebrated, with 9 days of novena and celebrations. Inside, the chapel has an image of the saint donated by the village of Icarai de Amontada.